Assistant Program Coordinator (After School)
ssist the Lead Program Coordinator in developing, coordinating, and providing training activities for school age programs. Provide support and assistance to staff. Monitor school age programs.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in the planning and development of the afterschool programs sites throughout Victory Kid Sports.
- Assist in the communication of quality school age program standards to Victory Management Team, site coordinators, and personnel.
- Assist in developing program activities and curriculum materials that support the school and site operations.
- Assist in communicating appropriate behavior standards, develop discipline plans, and assist with ADA accommodations.
- Assist with meeting with sites to assist with family and volunteer involvement.
- Support and involve appropriate community and enrichment activities.
- Assist in developing Victory after school programs and policies regarding quality programs and monitoring and assessment tools.
- Assist in meeting regularly with program site coordinators to facilitate implementation of developmentally appropriate practices for school age childcare.
- Assist to conduct staff development and training activities for school age program personnel on a regular basis.
- Assist in monitoring school age program sites relative to quality assurance.
- Assist in travelling to other sites as required.
- Assist in perform other incidental tasks or services consistent with the job goal of this position.
- Assist in providing outstanding customer service and use positive interpersonal communication skills.
- Associates degree from an accredited educational institution in Early Childhood, Elementary Education, or a related field preferred. Consideration will be given to candidates who have some coursework in education or early childhood
- Must have previously worked in a school or childcare program, required.
- Valid Florida Driver License.
- Demonstrated coordination and leadership skills.
- Skilled at applying sensitivity in working with target populations.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of quality child care standards and staff development.
- Ability to articulate quality childcare standards involving program activities, safety, health, and nutrition.
- Ability to collect and analyze data from a variety of sources to evaluate and make recommendations.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other departments, community agencies, and organizations.
- Ability to apply self-discipline and initiative.
- Ability to follow all federal, state, and district guidelines.
Attendance & Punctuality
Attendance is an essential job function. This position requires the ability to work extended hours and weekends, if necessary, overtime hours when requires.
Must have the ability to lift moderately heavy objects up to 25lbs. and perform duties requiring extensive maneuverability and normal strength.
Must also be prepared to run, jump and participate in physical activity.
Duties will require the regular use of telephones, computers, fax machines and calculators. Must have access to personal vehicle and hold a valid state driver’s license and insurance.
This position is Full Time/Non-Exempt/Hourly/OT Eligible with No Direct Reports.
Reports to Lead Program Coordinator.
VICTORY KIDS SPORTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.