To safely and efficiently transport students to and from their school site and or special events.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Comply with all state and local traffic laws and school board policies and procedures relative to the safe operation of a 31-passenger bus or any other vehicle.
- Inspect the bus to ensure the bus is in safe operating condition before leaving on a route or trip.
- Assume the responsibility for the safety of his/her passengers including loading and unloading.
- Instruct students in safety precautions and practices.
- Maintain appropriate student discipline and report unruly behavior to the school principal.
- Sweep and keep the bus clean at all times.
- Make recommendations to improve bus routes, stops and loading/unloading zones at schools.
- Provide outstanding customer service and use positive interpersonal communication skills.
- Valid Florida Commercial Driver License (CDL) with passenger endorsement.
- Excellent driving record.
- Five (5) years of licensed driving experience.
- Good knowledge of traffic and highway safety rules and regulations and of the precautions necessary to avoid accidents.
- Ability to operate light and/or a heavy-duty bus (31-passenger) in a safe and economical way; understand and carry out instructions.
Attendance & Punctuality
Attendance is an essential job function. This position requires the ability to work extended hours and weekends, if necessary, overtime hours when requires.
Must have the ability to lift moderately heavy objects up to 25lbs. and perform duties requiring extensive maneuverability and normal strength.
Must also be prepared to run, jump and participate in physical activity.
Duties will require the regular use of telephones, computers, fax machines and calculators. Must have access to personal vehicle and hold a valid state driver’s license and insurance.
This position is Full Time/Non-Exempt/Hourly/OT Eligible with No Direct Reports.
Reports to Victory Administration.
VICTORY KIDS SPORTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.