The Cheerleader Coach is responsible for coaching student athletes in Cheerleader techniques to prepare them for events or competition. Position involves student athletes to develop an appreciation for the sport.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Meet with Victory colleagues, school leaders, nurses and counselors to coordinate lessons and improve students’ fitness and health goals.
- Hold one-on-one conferences with students and parents to keep them engaged in Victory activities and on track to meet their individual athletic, social, emotional and academic goals.
- Meet with parents or guardians to discuss student progress, remedial issues and behavior problems and help students achieve their individual goals.
- Develops a variety of special programs and classes (e.g. group and teamwork, leadership, bullying, etc.) for providing information to assist students in the successful transition socially, emotionally and academically.
- Bachelor’s degree- preferably in physical education, kinesiology, or physiology
- State issued teaching certificate or license preferred, but not required.
- Comfortable speaking in front of large groups.
- Able to explain complex procedures in simple terms.
- Well-versed in athletic programming procedures.
- Prepared to enthusiastically coach a wide range of athletic activities.
- Education oriented, with a strong sense of fair play and inclination against favoritism.
- Able to teach and coach diverse students with varied athletic interests and diverse socioeconomic backgrounds.
Attendance & Punctuality
Attendance is an essential job function. This position requires the ability to work extended hours and weekends, if necessary, overtime hours when requires.
Must have the ability to lift moderately heavy objects up to 25lbs. and perform duties requiring extensive maneuverability and normal strength.
Must also be prepared to run, jump and participate in physical activity.
Duties will require the regular use of telephones, computers, fax machines and calculators. Must have access to personal vehicle and hold a valid state driver’s license and insurance.
This position is Full Time/Non-Exempt/Hourly/OT Eligible with No Direct Reports
VICTORY KIDS SPORTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.