Lead Program Coordinator
Develop, coordinate, and provide training activities for school age programs. Provide support and assistance to staff. Monitor school age programs.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in the planning and development of the afterschool programs sites throughout Victory Kid Sports.
- Communicate quality school age program standards to Victory Management Team, site coordinators, and personnel.
- Develop program activities and curriculum materials that support the school and site operations.
- Communicate appropriate behavior standards, develop discipline plans, and assist with ADA accommodations.
- Meet with sites to assist with family and volunteer involvement.
- Support and involve appropriate community and enrichment activities.
- Assist in developing Victory after school programs and policies regarding quality programs and monitoring and assessment tools.
- Meet regularly with program site coordinators to facilitate implementation of developmentally appropriate practices for school age programming.
- Conduct staff development and training activities for school age program personnel on a regular basis.
- Monitor school age program sites relative to quality assurance.
- Travel to other sites as required.
- Perform other incidental tasks or services consistent with the job goal of this position.
- Provide outstanding customer service and use positive interpersonal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s or an AA degree from an accredited educational institution in Early Childhood, Elementary Education, or a related field preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in working within a school age program or a childcare program required or demonstrated experience working with children in a school environment.
- Preference may be given to candidate holding CDA (Child Development Associate) Certification or Vocational Child Care Training degree.
- Valid Florida Driver License.
- Demonstrated coordination and leadership skills.
- Skilled at applying sensitivity in working with target populations.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of quality child care standards and staff development.
- Ability to articulate quality childcare standards involving program activities, safety, health, and nutrition.
- Ability to collect and analyze data from a variety of sources to evaluate and make recommendations.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other departments, community agencies, and organizations.
- Ability to apply self-discipline and initiative.
- Ability to follow all federal, state, and district guidelines.
Attendance & Punctuality
Attendance is an essential job function. This position requires the ability to work extended hours and weekends, if necessary, overtime hours when requires.
Must have the ability to lift moderately heavy objects up to 25lbs. and perform duties requiring extensive maneuverability and normal strength.
Must also be prepared to run, jump and participate in physical activity.
Duties will require the regular use of telephones, computers, fax machines and calculators. Must have access to personal vehicle and hold a valid state driver’s license and insurance.
This position is Full Time/Non-Exempt/Hourly/OT Eligible with No Direct Reports.
Reports to Victory Administration.
VICTORY KIDS SPORTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.