Martial Arts Instructor
A martial artist typically focuses on one style of It is an excellent source of exercise for the whole body. It teaches patience, discipline, knowledge, and dedication, plus self-defense. To be a martial arts instructor, one must master the art. Instructors guide students on their journey to master the skills and techniques of their chosen martial art.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Guides students and prospective students through the various level of curriculum introductory, group and private lessons. Is skilled in performing and teaching levels of curriculum up to and including Black Belt levels. Maintains a high level of enthusiasm and positive reinforcement in the classroom.
- Assists in keeping students and prospective students motivated throughout their lessons. Encourages students to maintain regular class attendance and regular practice at home. Knows all students by their first name.
- Has thorough understanding of criteria for student belt examinations; implements school/program requirements; fills out all necessary paperwork; meets daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly instructing goals.
- Maintains impeccable levels of personal physical fitness, attitude, and appearance. Must be advancing toward next rank in Martial Arts.
- Performs various other duties and assignments as necessary or required.
- t least 18 years of age; requires an outgoing personality with the ability to communicate effectively and inspire; must be Black Belt with previous teaching experience preferred.
- Requires a sincere interest in self-improvement and continuing education. Require the ability to maintain a high level of enthusiasm on a daily basis and strong desire to help others reach their goals.
- Requires the ability and desire to learn more about Martial Arts, interpersonal communication, and teaching techniques. Total and patient dedication to the progress of the student, regardless of age, gender or athletic ability.
Attendance & Punctuality
Attendance is an essential job function. This position requires the ability to work extended hours and weekends, if necessary, overtime hours when requires.
Must have the ability to lift moderately heavy objects up to 25lbs. and perform duties requiring extensive maneuverability and normal strength.
Must also be prepared to run, jump and participate in physical activity.
Duties will require the regular use of telephones, computers, fax machines and calculators. Must have access to personal vehicle and hold a valid state driver’s license and insurance.
This position is Full Time/Non-Exempt/Hourly/OT Eligible with No Direct Reports
VICTORY KIDS SPORTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.